Major Activities under Chief Engineer, Hydrology
To provide supervision and technical guidance for:
• Hydrological research, benchmark surveys and evaluation and other studies required by the country.
• Qualitative and quantitative studies for optimum utilization of groundwater and development of guidelines for preparing hydrological and hydro-chemical reports.
• Provision of information dissemination to other agencies.
• Monitoring changes in morphological behavior in priority areas and its impact on erosion and bank stabilization.
• Collection, processing, storing, publishing and making available data relating to floods, surface and groundwater, morphology, sedimentation and soil characteristics.
• Provision of necessary support to WARPO for the National Water Resources Data Base (NWRD).
• Institutional development and capacity building in hydrology through training and development of specialists in field measurements, processing and data analysis.
• Provision of critical insight on drought and flood conditions and review of technical reports on water utilization.
• Development of a modern flood forecasting and warning system and provision of early warning for flood.
• To represent BWDB's viewpoints in inter-departmental/ inter-ministerial meetings on surface and groundwater resource utilization and national disaster activities.